Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

New felt artwork

A few weeks ago, I posted a blog with new spinal drawings here. Although I don't work directly from my drawings, I do use them to map out where the major elements fall on the page as I want to get proportion right. I saw a post about Rapid Resizer, a software program that allows you to enlarge your drawings that I had heard about some time ago but had never tried. I downloaded a trial of the product and found it very easy to use. Here is an enlargement of one of my drawings:

resizedsampleAs you can see, it turns your drawings/sketches into line drawings that can be used for patterns or for placement. Below is my latest felt artwork derived from the line drawing.

howdeshell_density_web

Density; 24" x 24"; industrial felt, paper, thread; 2009

howdeshell-density-1-detail-web

Density (detail)

1 comment:

Terry Jarrard-Dimond said...

These are lovely. I am always impressed with how much beauty there is in simplicity....but I always have to say I don't seem to be able to work simply. Maybe I should put that on my "to do" list. I saw some interesting work recently that was made by punching tiny holes in paper and the work also seemed to be slightly embossed. I need to find out that artists name and report back;)