Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Art Heroines

Terry Jarrard-Dimond posted some photos of her studio on Facebook and included a sampling of images of her art heroines. One of her heroines is also one of mine, Eva Hesse. While sitting outside recently enjoying the spring sun, I was reading Catherine de Zegher's book Eva Hesse Drawing.

 image

Highly recommended. One of the most interesting parts of the book is Hesse's "relationship" with Anni Albers. You can certainly see a connection between the work Hesse was doing and fiber art. More discussion to follow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend told me to check out your site. Let me tell you I was amazed by what I saw. This is creativity at its most finely honed perfection. You have an incredible talent that you display through your site’s Art collage online .I have never seen collage art that looks so fresh and so different. This is truly the type of art that can be considered a conversation piece. Textiles art is a beautiful stand alone statement in itself. I am always amazed by the designs on textiles. This takes a lot of creativity. To mix textiles with mixed media is brilliant in my book. I like your art. I guess I’m raving because I make paper collages and decorate them with “once” live pressed petals and leaves. You have opened up a world of ideas that are fresh and retro. Making your own textiles seems like it would be hard to tackle but you seem to do it just fine.

Rebecca said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. I love working both with collage and my more intensive fiber work as it is a nice change of pace.

Rebecca

PS would like to see your artwork, too, if you could send me a link.

Terry Jarrard-Dimond said...

Thank you for the nod Rebecca. I hear you are planning an online class. Where can I find out more about this. It is an exciting idea.

Rebecca said...

Terry,

I have my posts about my online classes ready to go to post on my blog. It will be up by Monday. Stay tuned!

Terry Jarrard-Dimond said...

Great! Look forward to reading your outline.